The first hospital in Glenwood was established in September 1912 when Dr. Eberlin and Dr. Elsey rented the “Furtney House” along Lake Minnewaska in September of 1912 to turn it into a hospital. Miss Wiese of Elbow Lake was hired as nurse and Miss Boyd of Oakdale, IL was hired as a helper. The hospital operated in this house until 1916.
In 1916, the doctors purchased the “Fjelstad House” in on Minnesota Avenue and operated the hospital there until 1939 when the “new” modern brick hospital was constructed.
The current Glacial Ridge Hospital exists as a system of several expansions to the 1939 building.