Monthly Archives: March 2015

School House 1876

The next photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Second Schoolhouse”. According to J.G. Whittemore in 1940, Professor Thacker is the man in the photo. Another label noted that it was built on … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Emerson and Tollefson’s Store

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Emerson & Tollefson’s Store.” It is was located on the south west corner of Franklin Street and 1st Avenue SW. American Solutions for Business has an … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Rue Drugstore

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Residence of H.N. Rue and Drug Store” It was located where Eagle Bank plaza is today. The sign on the building reads: “Drugs Patent Medicines … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Bartke Hall

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Residence of D. Bartke and Drug Store.” Located where Palmer Creations (the former Glacial Printing) is today. According to J.G. Whittemore in 1940, “Daniel Bartke … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments