Monthly Archives: January 2015

Lathrop and Blodgett’s Mill

The next photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Grist Mill” or “Lathrop & Blodgett’s Mill” or “Young & Clark Mill”. (We have multiple copies of all of these images and they often … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , | 3 Comments

Death By Chocolate

The Minnewaska Showstoppers will present “Death by Chocolate” at the Lakeside Ballroom Friday and Saturday, January 31 & 31. The Pope County Historical Society and the Pope County Lions Clubs will benefit from the proceeds. We hope you will be … Continue reading

Posted in Museum updates | Leave a comment

Bank

The next photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Bank”. Signs on the building read “Bank” and “St. Paul Marine Insurance Company.” According to Steve Nestor’s research and the tax records, the bank … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

View from Durkee’s Hotel

This photograph shows the village Glenwood in 1876. Titled “View from Durkee’s Hotel.” Looking toward the lake from what is now the corner of 1st Avenue and 1st Street NE (by Phil Stumpf’s office – behind Palmer Creations/Glacial Printing), you can … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | 2 Comments

View from near Dr. Whittemore’s

This photograph shows the village Glenwood in 1876. The road leading away from the viewer is now Franklin Avenue / Highway 104 heading north. Most of the buildings on the left – middle of the image are along First Avenue … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

2014 in review

The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 15,000 times in 2014. If it were a … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Glenwood, August 1876 from Mr. Lathrop’s House

As promised, here is the first photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham. This photograph is titled “View from Mr. Lathrop’s.” Most of the buildings in this photo will be featured individually in coming … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , | 2 Comments