Monthly Archives: February 2015

Stensing and Peterson Hardware Store

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Peterson and Stensing Hardware Store”. It was located where Mecco 7 is today – the former Ben Franklin building. According to J.G. Whittmore in an … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | 1 Comment

N.W. Scott House

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “N.W. Scott Residence and the Printing Office.” N.W. Scott was the publisher & editor of the Pope County Press from 1874-1884. The house was located … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Durkee Hotel

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Durkee Hotel.” Located where Phil Stumpfs office is today – behind Palmer Creations (the former Glacial Printing office). According to J.G. Whittemore in 1940, … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | 1 Comment

Courthouse

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Courthouse.” This building is known as the second Pope County Courthouse. The first courthouse is a small log cabin that has been moved to … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , | 2 Comments