Tag Archives: Dr. Whittemore

Dr. Whittemore’s House

This photograph shows the “Residence of Dr. Whittemore” from 1876. The home was built in 1870 on lots 6 & 7 of block 35 – where Ridgewood Villa is today. According to J.G. Whittemore in 1940: Dr. Whittemore is on … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Bank

The next photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Bank”. Signs on the building read “Bank” and “St. Paul Marine Insurance Company.” According to Steve Nestor’s research and the tax records, the bank … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

View from near Dr. Whittemore’s

This photograph shows the village Glenwood in 1876. The road leading away from the viewer is now Franklin Avenue / Highway 104 heading north. Most of the buildings on the left – middle of the image are along First Avenue … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment