Tag Archives: Fremad Association

Fremad Building

This post is part of a collection of posts written in 2016 for Glenwood’s 150 year celebration. To see the map and full list of locations included in the walking tour, click here. Fremad Buildng – 20 South Franklin Street In … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Law Office / Bank Building

This post is part of a collection of posts written in 2016 for Glenwood’s 150 year celebration. To see the map and full list of locations included in the walking tour, click here. Law office / Bank– 14 South Franklin Street   … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Ben Franklin Building

This post is part of a collection of posts written in 2016 for Glenwood’s 150 year celebration. To see the map and full list of locations included in the walking tour, click here. Ben Franklin Building – 2 East Minnesota Avenue Built … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Mrs. Rising’s House

This week’s photograph shows the “Residence of Mrs. Rising’s” from 1876. According to J.G. Whittemore in 1940: “Mrs. H. E. Rising’s home located on Lot 10 Block 20 of the original plat of Glenwood. Remodeled by James Atckinson it is … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Simmons’ House

This photograph shows the “Residence of John Simmons” from 1876. It was located on lots 4 & 5 of block 30., which is the south east corner at the intersection of 2nd Avenue and 2nd street SW, across the street … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Dr. Whittemore’s House

This photograph shows the “Residence of Dr. Whittemore” from 1876. The home was built in 1870 on lots 6 & 7 of block 35 – where Ridgewood Villa is today. According to J.G. Whittemore in 1940: Dr. Whittemore is on … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Wollan Brothers’ Store / Fremad Building

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Wollan Bros. Store / Fremad Building.” It shows the main Fremad Association building and a few other buildings on the west side of South Franklin … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment