According to J.G. Whittemore in 1940: “Mrs. H. E. Rising’s home located on Lot 10 Block 20 of the original plat of Glenwood. Remodeled by James Atckinson it is presently (in the 1940’s) used as the Methodist minister’s home. Pictured are Mrs. H. E. Rising and her daughter Etta who later married Peter Peterson.”
The house stood on the SW corner of 1st Avenue and 1st Street NE. The tax records at the time list the owner as Mrs. H.G. Rising (not Mrs. H.E.). Henry G. Rising moved to Glenwood in with his widowed mother, two sisters and a brother and was the editor of the Glenwood Eagle in the early 1870s. By 1876, he had moved farther west, so the Mrs. Rising who owned this house was most likely his mother.