Tag Archives: Trenham Photographs

Mr. Lathrop’s House

This week’s photo is “Residence of Mr. Lathrop’s” from 1876. This house stood on Lot 8 Block 28. That is to say -the north side of 2nd Ave SW between 1st and 2nd streets, very close to the city park. In … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Simmons’ House

This photograph shows the “Residence of John Simmons” from 1876. It was located on lots 4 & 5 of block 30., which is the south east corner at the intersection of 2nd Avenue and 2nd street SW, across the street … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Dr. Whittemore’s House

This photograph shows the “Residence of Dr. Whittemore” from 1876. The home was built in 1870 on lots 6 & 7 of block 35 – where Ridgewood Villa is today. According to J.G. Whittemore in 1940: Dr. Whittemore is on … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Stanley’s Horse Shoe Shop

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is “Stanley’s Shop.”. James Stanley had a backsmith shop at the southwest corner of Minnesota Avenue and 1st Street SE. (Lot 1 block 24) Ogdahl, Wangsness … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Wollan Brothers’ Store / Fremad Building

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Wollan Bros. Store / Fremad Building.” It shows the main Fremad Association building and a few other buildings on the west side of South Franklin … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Emerson and Tollefson’s Store

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Emerson & Tollefson’s Store.” It is was located on the south west corner of Franklin Street and 1st Avenue SW. American Solutions for Business has an … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Rue Drugstore

This week’s photo in the series of Glenwood Photographs taken in 1876 by N.J. Trenham, is the “Residence of H.N. Rue and Drug Store” It was located where Eagle Bank plaza is today. The sign on the building reads: “Drugs Patent Medicines … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment