This post is part of a collection of posts written in 2016 for Glenwood’s 150 year celebration. To see the map and full list of locations included in the walking tour, click here.
American Solutions for Business / Larson Furniture – 108 South Franklin Street
The earliest building on this site was Emmerson & Tollefson Hardware.
It was later used by Eliason Cigar Factory in 1910. Eliason made “Senator” cigars that featured notable locals such as Frank Eddy of Glenwood and Knut Nelson of Alexandria.
In 1925/26 through 1937, it became the Glenwood Furniture Company and Funeral Services.
In 1940 the Larson family re-opened a furniture store in this building and operated it until they sold it to Merlin Adolphson in 1971. The Building is now occupied by American Solutions for Business.
The Pope County Tribune was published in the south end of the building for many years.