This post is part of a collection of posts written in 2016 for Glenwood’s 150 year celebration. To see the map and full list of locations included in the walking tour, click here.
Glenwood State Bank – 5 East Minnesota Avenue
Built in 1961 for the Glenwood State bank, it was expanded and renovated into Swiss style in 1983. Other businesses that existed on this site include a billiards room in 1888, saloons, Calmeyer’s Fancy Groceries, a Laundry in 1933 and a café in 1935 – Green Leaf, Allan’s and Victory Café. Ma’s Kitchenette and the Friendly Inn were removed for the 1961 construction.