This post is part of a collection of posts written in 2016 for Glenwood’s 150 year celebration. To see the map and full list of locations included in the walking tour, click here.
McCauley Opera House – 18 East Minnesota Avenue
Built in 1905 as a 2 story brick block building with an opera house on the 2nd floor. The lower level was a billiard parlor. The upper floor was used for live stage performances, basketball games, and motion pictures. The third floor was added in 1919 the new Opera House (Glenwood Theatre) opened. The upper floors were converted to apartments. The lower level housed Callahan Hardware for many years.