This post is part of a collection of posts written in 2016 for Glenwood’s 150 year celebration. To see the map and full list of locations included in the walking tour, click here.
License Bureau / Original Glenwood State Bank Building – 15 East Minnesota Avenue
Built by in 1906 for Glenwood State Bank, which was chartered that same year. The bank used this building until 1961, when they moved to their current location closer to the stoplight. Minnesota Telephone Company was located upstairs. Other businesses at this location included Montgomery Ward, Callen’s Radio and TV and Radio Shack. Pope County License Bureau is the current occupant of this building – with TJ’s Alterations in the back.