This post is part of a collection of posts written in 2016 for Glenwood’s 150 year celebration. To see the map and full list of locations included in the walking tour, click here.
Glenwood Lutheran Church – 206 East Minnesota Avenue
Constructed in 1916 at an expense of $30,549.14, the church had major additions in 1951-52 of the chapel and education building and again in 1978 when the lower narthex was added and the main narthex was expanded.
The congregation is planning major updates again in 2016.
This is the second home of Glenwood Lutheran Church, which was founded as the Norwegian Lutheran Church in 1880. The first church was located near Central Square on the land once occupied by Glenwood High School.
The congregation was established in 1880.
The parsonage next door was built in 1957.