This post is part of a collection of posts written in 2016 for Glenwood’s 150 year celebration. To see the map and full list of locations included in the walking tour, click here.
Kaldahl / Appel House & Ice Creamery, 28 2nd Avenue SW.
It was built in 1916 and finished in stucco and field stone. The back building was an ice cream factory. Edwin Kaldahl’s sons were expert ski jumpers. His son Oliver “Tuddy” Kaldahl managed the Lakeside Ballroom for many years.